Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lesson learned...

So, Christmas presents were late for the parents...my parents, that is, and I try my hardest to find a box they will all fit in. Not too big, not too small, something nice and cozy. The box I wanted was the one sent with presents from my parents to us, the one we used to put all the torn-off wrapping paper into on Christmas day, the one hubby promptly took to the dump the day after Christmas. The post office doesn't have a box the size I want. Neither does Fred Meyer, but I get this bright idea to put everything into a large tote container, one I believe my parents will get a use out of instead of something to be trashed once they've unpacked it. And I think to myself that in the log run I am saving money...why it should cost less to send one box then a bunch of little ones.

I proudly take my tote home, meticulously load up everything into my tote while my hubby laughs at me and how particular I can be. I carefully wrap it in brown paper only to find out a much easier and better way to do it at the post office...just wrap tape around it and send it as is...only I'm apparently too smart and make things so incredibly difficult that I can't think of something as simple, quick, and easy as just putting tape around it. Not only that, but the size of it ended up costing me $10 extra to ship it. Instead of waste more time and have the presents arrive even later than they already are, I decided to send it as it was worth the money not to have to take another 2 hours going home, repacking everything in smaller boxes, driving back to the post office in minus 40 degree weather, standing in line for 40 minutes all over again just to save $10.

So, lesson learned. Smaller and more is better in the eyes of the post office. Hopefully, you'll learn from my lesson instead of having to learn it the harder, but more fun, way!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW Sunny, lil' bit crazed, love? :D
*hugs*